University of Idaho Retirees Association
Founded in 1979, the University of Idaho Retirees Association (UIRA) has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University - staff, faculty and administration. Membership represents all disciplines and capabilities, and provides a means for continued involvement with the programs and advantages of the University. Learn more about membership benefits.
UIRA actively communicates with representatives of the university, government, and other groups on matters relating to the welfare of retired persons. To contact UIRA, email 2018 UIRA President Joe Cloud at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- To provide a means for continuing participation in professional, social, educational, and welfare activities of University of Idaho retired personnel.
- To promote, or to assist in promoting programs relating to the conditions and concerns of retired University of Idaho personnel, recognition being given to the need of proper coordination with other organizations involved in similar endeavors.
- To protect and improve the welfare of University of Idaho retired personnel.
- To communicate, on behalf of the retired personnel of the University of Idaho, with representatives of the University, governments, and other groups relating to the welfare of retired persons and to seek official representation with such bodies on matters concerning retirement.
- To encourage the high educational, cultural, and social purposes of the University of Idaho.
- To encourage and assist deserving individuals who may wish to attend or continue attending the University of Idaho.